24 Hour Emergency Service
Water damage can arise from a number of causes, such as fire damage, broken pipes, blocked drains, malfunctioning appliances and storms. The appropriate treatment depends on the type of damage, however, water can harbor unknown hazardous contaminants and even clean water can promote mildew and mold growth.
Integrity Cleaning & Restoration works quickly and efficiently to alleviate all of these hazards with advanced drying techniques along with steps recommended by the IICRC:
- Lower the Humidity
- Sort Contents and Discard Debris
- Drain Ceilings and Walls
- Dry Ceilings, Walls and Floors
- Dry Electrical Circuits and Boxes
We can provide:
- Structural Drying
- Water Extraction
- Mold Prevention
- Basement Pump-Out
- Full Service Reconstruction
What might need to be restored all depends on where water and mold have intruded in your home. Any room can be effected, it just depends on where.
- High Humidity can cause moisture to accumulate in certain areas that can lead to molding and damage to your property. It can happen anywhere in your home, but is more likely to happen in crawlspaces, attics, and basement water damage.
- Another area to watch for humidity is the bathroom. Hot showers, as well as water constantly flowing throughout the pipes inside can also be prone to water accumulation.
- Plumbing Issues can cause toilets to overflow or pipes to leak. This leads to water in places not intended for its presence like the floor and around your molding, and if left untreated can be host to any number of fungi, bacteria, and viruses, and ruin areas withing that room.
- Appliances such as refrigerators, dishwashers, and sinks can also cause problems. They can break, leak, and overflow causing water to seep into the floors, walls, and other surrounding areas, sometimes slowly to where it is unnoticeable.
- Removing flood water within your home or office as soon as possible is vital to preventing damage. However, it is also extremely important because it reduces the risk of obtaining black water. Black Water occurs when water accumulates over time. Mold from water damage, especially toxic mold grows and spreads in the environment. Black Water is extremely dirty and dangerous to come in contact with, so it is crucial to fix your flooding problem that way it won’t even become an issue.
Flood Damage -From 1980 to 2008, over 400 Billion dollars (that’s 8 zeros) were spent on flood-related damages and repairs. And this number is even smaller than it arguably should be, considering many insurance policies do not cover flood damages at all.
Floods come in many shapes and sizes. Some form slowly, others quickly. “Flash floods,” a term which rightfully fills many with fear, can come without warning and even without rainfall. Part of what makes floods so dangerous is that there is often little time to prepare the home against the coming onslaught, let alone evacuate a large metropolitan area. In a disaster scenario, overland flooding, the term for flooding caused by overfilled streams and rivers, will be more dangerous, as it carries with its rushing water rocks and other debris.
If you live in a low-lying region or downstream from a dam, particular care should be taken. For more flood information, visit the government’s flood-dedicated website, ready.gov/floods. Water-logged households are less than fun to live in, if they are habitable at all. Everything from carpeting, to furniture, to walls, to your personal property, can be destroyed by standing water. Besides flooding, burst water main pipes are another culprit in home water intrusion. In each and every one of these scenarios.
Over the past several years, mold has become an increasing health issue. Mold growth on surfaces can often be seen in the form of discoloration, frequently green, gray, brown or black, but also white and other colors. Molds release countless tiny, lightweight spores which travel through the air. Mold spores primarily cause health problems when they are present in large numbers and people inhale many of them. This occurs primarily when there is active mold growth within home, office or school where people live or work.
Integrity Cleaning & Restoration addresses mold and the moisture problems that have caused it. Cleanup begins after the moisture source is fixed and excess water has been removed. Afterward, steps are taken to properly dry out the structure. Make sure to inspect your home regularly for the indications and sources of indoor moisture and mold. Take steps to eliminate sources of water as quickly as possible and if a leak or flooding occurs, it is essential to act quickly .